Did I Ever Tell You...

Our experiences are the means by which we know, and comprehend our world.

Tuesday, October 10

Personal 1 - The things of real value in my life have been...

The things of real value in my life have been... the momories I have now. Sure, there are things I wish I could take back, but without the downs, there probably wouldn't be ups. Everything I think, has happened to me for a reason, weather it's God's punishment for me not believing IN him, or just the fact I tend not to have the greatest luck in the world.
But everything I cherish has long since vanished, and all I have to show for it is the momories. The momories of him, the memories of her, the memories of this, and the momories of that. All those bad and hard times seems worth it for what I have now: A complete, guarded, unofficial ME. And when I look in the mirror, all those exagerations, those tears and holes in the wall barelly seem worth it.
I cherish my friendships, because I know not all of them (especially the best) will last forever. I cherish them because I am honored to know such great people and say, "wow... There is no other person in the world like this person, standing here, talking to me. They took the time, to talk to me, and that means something." The way he squirmed and blushed when I'd barelly touch him, the way she'd squeal and hug me tightly to her chest like she would never let go, as if the world depended on this one moment of friendship with her and me, and him and I.
I think that, since I will never in my life meet the same person, that I should cherish these moments. Which is very true, I need to cherish them. Because when I close my eyes tonight, and awaken in the morn' -- I would have lost my chance to know 3 new GREAT people. And so I think, "Wow! I'm so lucky, to be surrounded by such great people... like him, or her. "
It's the fact that this person, thought I was worthy of their time, and I agreed, and that connection between the two became something - worth more than anything in the whole world. More than money, love, pleasure, or fame. Something that could stay with me forever.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karis said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, my insightful little squirrel girrel! Everyone you meet is a treasure and a reflection of the wonders within YOU! So you do well to honor their place in your life and love them as you're able...

You know, my tattoo says "Cherish Every Moment" -- that means all of them, even the ones that suck momentarily, because they're part of what shapes us!

Love in your heart and wind across your nose,

Karis
kariscopper@gmail.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:03:00 PM  
Blogger Eric Lemming said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric
Dragonchampion125@hotmail.com

I guess what I have to say is that I'm proud of you. You have the sort of mind where theres more to life than what exactly meets the eye. My connection with you I hope will never fade, otherwise I would be the one missing out on a great person. You have grown stronger through the passing of time, I have experienced this first hand and again, I'm proud of you.

Sincerly,
Eric-ness

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home